Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Why I Love Albuquerque

Twas a really fine day today. I had breakfast with my friend and ex-partner (business partner if you live in the vicinity Roscoe and Broadway in Chicago) in turnaround work, Art. Art's a great guy and a phenomenal businessman. As his kids are getting older he's getting more and more interested in business again. Thus we were talking about a wide range of potential opportunities.

Then I had a meeting with a client that provides mobile dental services. Another fun meeting. These guys have great prospects and are wonderful clients. This means they do most of what we suggest and they pay promptly.

Had lunch with another turnaround/investment banking pro here and talked about some networking things and some possibility of him aiding my client above. Was on the phone on the way home and converted a job in Atlanta.

Now the icing on the cake. I got home at 2 did another hour of work and took off for a short hike. It was 72 degrees. I'm wear shorts and a polo shirt. A bit of breeze - just enough to keep you from getting too sweaty. On the way back (down) the view west over the city to Mount Taylor was clear. I love when you turn to go down you get hit with this kick butt view looking 60 miles away with about a 150 degree panorama.

So how good is this. Three great meetings, I picked up some $'s, I get another job, and I get to go hiking - all of this before 5 PM. Love it.

3 comments:

alexis said...

you forgot to mention the end of your day where you go to Chain Eatery #11069A7 and have a delightful meal reheated from a bag. ;)

stef said...

argh. I need that day.

Michael Podolny said...

Hey Alexis that's unfair. We have lot's of independently owned fine dining establishments where you can spend a lot for mediocre food and poor service. Not to mention the availability of green chile burritos and menudo just about anywhere.

Besides that's why have branches in Chicago and LA. (See Pulisha's latest post)