Sunday, March 25, 2007

Travel Is Not All Bad

Perhaps the last few posts have given readers the impression that this business traveling life is an ordeal. But in all honesty, I really enjoy it. Why?

Well, for one I love the variety of all the places I get to visit. The different cities, how they look and feel different, the difference between the people, etc. If I had to stay in just one place all the time, it would be so boring.

Today I am in Walnut Creek, CA, a new location for me as I'm visiting a new client. Most of you who are not from the John the Armenian clan may have a blank spot in your mind as to where Walnut Creek might be but if you go due east from Oakland through the tunnel you come to it. Since it's late I won't go into a long travelogue but it's hilly, green, a combination of older and newer homes and buildings, and the most bizarre downtown I've ever seen - a virtual series of city blocks turned into one large out-of-doors shopping mall (I didn't say I liked it!).

I also get to visit those I love on a much more frequent basis than I would normally. I get to eat at lots of great places and for all my pain with the airlines, I get miles that I use to go to Europe in a class that I really can't afford.

So cry not for me Argentina (or however that goes).

P.S. Get better John the Armenian!

3 comments:

alexis said...

I'd like to see some more maps, seeing as CA is fast becoming the center of the universe. You don't seem to be going to Atlanta as much, or are there simply fewer delays?

stef said...

Glad you are enjoying the WC. Sorry I didn't call yesterday- It was too beautiful outside!

Anonymous said...

There's just no way I could do all that travel. Even if I'm headed somewhere nice, the traveling part just sucks for me. I think it's relying on the competence of other people, who almost always disappoint, that bothers me.