Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Political Career Dashed!

You will remember my earlier post related to the banning of alcohol on flights in and out of ABQ and my fervent response and commitment to 'throwing the bums out' of our state legislature for this sop to supposed drunk driving enforcement.

Well it turns out that it wasn't the legislature. It was people in the bureaucracy. And it seems that all of the airlines that are affected are in the process of getting the required liquor licenses. So the whole thing is going to go away.

So what do I do with all the money I got by obnoxiously waylaying people in the airport. Should I sell my Bernalillo County Jail customized escape plans! What about all the placards and posters I had made!

You just can't trust government.

5 comments:

alexis said...

so was it all just a scheme to get money via licenses?

alexis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
stef said...

Awww. I was looking forward to de-intimidator: political activist

Anonymous said...

Stef, what's with the 5:52 a.m. post? Holly crap, that's too damn early to have the computer fired up.

A scheme by local government to get additional funds? Seems so rare......Just be happy your city isn't trying to host the freakin' olympics. Good Lord. I think Daly is going to go house to house to personally extract the funds.

Michael Podolny said...

Alexis - I don't think so. The story is that in the original incident that the airline was serving someone who was obviously drunk, so I think there might have been some justifiable anger in the bureaucracy.