Sunday, March 4, 2007

Now This is Good Eats!

Having just ranted about the dire dining prospects in Albuquerque, I have to rave about the latest meal we had in Chicago. Daughter Mother Rocker goes out of her way to find new and intriguing dining experiences whenever I'm in Chicago and willing to pay. This time we (MR, husband, and my beloved wife) went to a place called Scylla (www.scyllarestaurant.com).

It was great. The food was wonderfully creative but not over the top. I have a tendancy towards the traditional. This food was inventive but all the combinations worked. You can go to the web site to see the menu. All those fruity and acidic touches were light accents and complimented the food. The prices were unbelievably moderate. Who ever heard of a fine dining establishment delivering coffee after the meal for $2! I even ordered dessert, some ricotta fritters that were like little puffs of air and I'm not a dessert person.

Go to this place before it's discovered and the chef moves to a bigger place where she'll have to charge standard prices.

3 comments:

Pulisha said...

I can't believe what I'm reading! I had no idea Stef was doing that. Here I thought LA was winning the foodie daughter competition by providing you with such delights as Peruvian take out. Looks like I'll have to step up my game!

Michael Podolny said...

Yes this is what happens when you get complacent on the playing field. And don't go using the excuse that your Mom was delayed in the ABQ snow! I suggest you start researching all those authentic Chinese places mentioned in the NY Times a couple of weeks ago

alexis said...

Damn it, how can I even compete? I guess I will have to console myself by inexpensively traveling all over Europe whenever I please. HAHAHAHAHAH!