Saturday, March 3, 2007

In the Beginning

Last weekend my wife and I had her brother and his wife at our place for a long weekend. They've been in the process of unpacking after moving into a new house (a topic which justifies an entire book) and after six months were ready for a rest.

During dinner one night wife asks her brother if he was intimidated by me when we were young and had first met. It seemed that this came out of the blue but later I found that wife had been discussing the topic with sister-in-law. Afterwards this brought on memories of my father, the original intimidator (as all in our family can attest) and experiences when I was coaching girls soccer. Though I have never thought of myself as intimidating, perceptions are a part of reality.

The whole intimidating thing would be a lot more fun if we lived in Medival times

No comments: