Saturday, March 31, 2007

The Next Culinary Weeks

One could think about global warming, inequities in society, the war, the next killer body from space, or when Yellowstone is going blow up. Or one could savor the prospect of a glorious couple of weeks of eating ahead knowing full well this is totally inconsistent with the obsessive calorie counting or the many weeks previous. Personally, my schizophrenia has become a comfort and I don't have trouble switching gears at all.

This week is Chicago. Lakeview Coffee has organized a networking event on Mon. at Just Grapes, a wine store west of the Loop. This is lots of fun as they have these machines that dispense wine in tiny amounts for tasting. I'm betting sushi at Azuma (sp?). Then on Tue. we're taking a new potential strategic partner and his wife back to Scylla which I wrote about a few weeks back. Finally on Wed. I will be at Motherrocker and John the Armenian. MR wants to eat in. Eating there is always fun. I'll have to pick up a nice bottle on Monday.

Then three days to starve myself when it's off to LA. I'm going early on Sunday because Pulisha, Tim de Buffalo and I are going to trek to the Chinese section of town to get some real good Chinese food. Given Pu's Mandarin language abilities and time in China, this should be special. Then a couple of days of hard work (but we'll probably see Steve our sushi guy in Thousand Oaks) but on Wed. we will have another Westlake Wine and History Symposium.

All in all it sounds wonderful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being bilingual in Los Angeles is almost a necessity.

Kobe Bryant es mi jugador de baloncesto preferido!

Anonymous said...

Gotta luv sushi after wine! Izumi is da'bomb.

alexis said...

sushi.. it's been a while here for me too.