Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Week Four of Eight - Quicky from Iowa

Yup another trip to Sioux City Iowa and its cousin Orange where all the 19th century refugees from the Netherlands settled. (Alexis, believe me you don't even want to see this). Making great progress with this client and it looks like this could be a great long-term deal.

These guys really like to party. There's this bizarre restaurant/diner club in Orange we go to. The food isn't bad and the crew I'm working with definitely drink a bunch and let there hair down. Ricardo would fit in great here.

I'm heading home tomorrow afternoon and then have an ELEVEN DAY HOME STAND! Wife will probably be ready to divorce me by then. Also we have Gaius Derf and Agent Weasel visiting us so a massive hike plus consumption of mass quantities is on the horizon.

I learned something new today. Do you know what the meaning of giving someone a green M&M is?

4 comments:

alexis said...

you didn't know about the green M n M??? And just think, you used to give those out to your soccer teams...

I am intrigued about this Dutch connection though, maybe you could take some photos?

stef said...

Lord dad, that green m&m thing is as old as the hills.

Michael Podolny said...

Meaning that I am older than the hills?

I just want you two wags to know there was another person at the dinner last night who didn't know this and he was 12 years younger than me.

I do like the "Lord Dad" designation though Stef.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

That's hysterical Alexis! C'mon d-I, get with the.....what....1970's??