Saturday, August 25, 2007

C in de-I Land

Oldest granddaughter C, eldest offspring of second daughter Pulisha, the Honorable Bleached Sheep, is visiting the de-I menage this weekend. Doing her first fly by herself trip, she has had a busy time. Because of my woes getting back from Chicago I missed most of the first day but wife was busy with her picking berries from Berry Lane, baking, sewing and playing puzzles.

Mrs de-I and C Deep in Puzzle Contemplation

C Shows Off Fresh Raspberry Tarts Made by Wife and Her
They were yummmmmmy

C had insisted that she wanted to go hiking so I went out with her this morning. I was sure this was going to be a pretty short affair. Boy was I surprised. C was a real trooper. After an initial bit of uneasiness about Cacti, Yucca and other scratchy, prickly things, she just charged up the hill. We ended up going about a mile and half round trip with a very healthy climb. She was hardly breathing hard!

C Winding He Way Around Some Big Cacti

C Proudly Posing at the Top of the Hill Looking West Towards Albuquerque

Now the View Looking East Toward the Rest of the Sandias

After helping her Grandmother make cinnamon roles, we took C and a next door neighbor's daughter (who C sees each time she's here) to a local amusement area. The two kids had a ball with bumper cars, laser tag, bumper boats, Jungle Jim, and the arcade. It's amazing how much energy she has.

C with the Bumper Boats - They have Spray Guns in the Front
We finished up cooking dinner together making some shrimp scampi pasta with homemade chocolate milk shakes for dessert.

5 comments:

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Avoiding cacti, that's what I would be doing on a hike too.

Anonymous said...

Yum. It looks like diets go out the window when grandkids come to visit. Glad you finally made it home, de-I.

alexis said...

wow, she's so big now! Looks like a fantastic visit to the gparents :)

stef said...

Wow. C is a young lady! It all happens so fast, I can't stand it.
Glad you got to spend some quality time together.

Pulisha said...

C had such a good time with you guys! She was happy to see me but slightly disappointed that her life was now returning to non-grandparental spoiling form ;) I'm glad you guys had such a good time with her. Maybe we'll end up somewhere closer so you can see her all the time, mwah ha ha ha!