Friday, August 10, 2007

Ode to a Hero - The Passing of WonderDog

I got news from my Father today that his seeing eye dog and great companion, Uzef was put down. He had come down with Lymphoma about two months ago. While they offered chemotherapy, Dad after experiencing the agonies of that process with my Mom and a close friend over the last three years had no stomach for the process.

I am not much of pet person or a dog person, but Uzef was in a class totally by himself. His personality was palpable, he was a great companion to my parents, and was the most unbelievable chick magnet and old guy like O-I could ever have had. He will be sorely missed.

3 comments:

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Awwww, poor Uzef.

alexis said...

oh my god. How is grandpa?

Anonymous said...

My condolences to your Dad on the loss of his companion, Uzef.

Agent W