Saturday, October 28, 2017

Italia 2017 - Perugia...Can You Say Chocolate?

With 3.1 back in fighting form it was time for us to head off to our first full day trip - Perugia, the capital of Umbria and renowned for being the chocolate center of the country (as in the center of making chocolate, not if you took a big bite of the country you would find a bunch of chocolate where Perugia is located). As I related in my catch up post, getting into the city and into the parking garage and out of the city were all the kinds of challenges that I'm sure make folks say, "I think I'll just take a cruise." But not us. Boo on that.

So let's take a pictorial view of the city. The old town like much of the towns in Umbria is located on the top of a hill. Italy has made things very easy by putting in elevators and escalators that make it easier to access these. Each city has its own architectural characteristic. In Bologna it was the porticoes. Here it is balconies.



And windows and arches






Of course the obligatory Cathedral
And here as in others, some real differences in art style









Griffins seem to be a thing
Um, I'm not sure exactly what is going on here but I'm hoping it is appropriate for public viewing
Other scenes in the city

And vistas galore





I did mention chocolate
This is the local version of hot chocolate

1 comment:

Agent W and the Derf said...

Beautiful pictures! The chocolate looks divine!!!