Saturday, October 21, 2017

Italia 2017 - A Morning Walking Around Firenze

On Wednesday, we had a tour schedule to take us into the Uffizi Gallery. But that wasn't until 3 PM. So we spent the morning wandering around the city.

First Stop - The Duomo, the Cathedral
I remember when I first saw this as a college student after spending all my time in France where the Cathedrals are uniformly granite, being shocked by the colored marble exterior



 






I have to say that the interior of the Duomo was a bit of a disappointment after the exterior







And if you stop me and ask me to take your picture, you will certainly have to pay the price by having your own picture taken


Proof positive of our intrepid blogger being on site


I tried a zillion different angles to get this building and arch and finally decided that the juxtaposition of carousel and the building was the best.

Then we saw these street musician
You run into all kinds but these guys were good and totally into what they were doing


I just loved the emotions on this guys face





Some interesting building facades

The Uffizi Gallery, Renowned Art Museum we will be in this afternoon

Some shots of the River Arno and the Ponte Vecchio







A shot of photographer bloggers
Or blogging photographers

Looking at an open air market through a basket of herbs


At the Piazza de la Republicca


We were drinking expensive coffee and soda at a cafe to kill time until our Uffizi tour
This guy was the cafe greater. He had such great posture and was such good looking man but I could not get a good shot. He called me out on taking his picture. I told him how great I thought he looked and he ran out and gave me another quick pose but I didn't get the shot quick enough. Turns out he is from Albania and was all excited when he found out we were going their in a couple of weeks.

2 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

The Duomo certainly is stunning, which even comes through in the pictures. Do you get points against your paparazzi license if the subject catches you snapping his picture?

alexis said...

I still think the outside is very beautiful of the duomo.