Sunday, October 29, 2017

Italia 2017 - THE Most Medieval Town In Umbira

At least that is what our guide book said. And given that you can barely drive 10 kilometers in any direction in Umbria and not be in some Medieval city that is saying something. Don't believe me? Well take it right from the city's self-promotion mouth.


Last year at this time, I had a guest blogger take us through a similar Medieval town. You let someone have a bit of fame and it goes to their head. Though that head is a bit taller than it was a year ago.

Hmm Sis. I'm bored. Here we are in this Medieval town. There should be something we can do to have some fun.
Say isn't that blogger guy you did a post for last year in San Remo, when you got me from those creepy folks trying to lure me with clean nappies?
I think you're right
I could use a little more blogesphere recognition
Sounds good to me Sis. Probably should run it by Moms though. He is her Father.
Okay, what are you two up to?
We thought we would convince Grandpa to have us star in one of his blog posts
Yah, I want to be a blog star too
Your Grandfather, the notorious paparazzi? 
NOOOOOO
You don't know what you are getting yourselves into
We need to get away. Let's take the elevator up to the upper ruins
Quick!
No! He's found us!
I'm not afraid
I'm going to be a blog star
Arrgghh, the dark power of the paparazzi is taking me over.
Oh blog readers
Look out upon the most Medieval of towns in Umbria

















And now Mister Grandpa Blogger
Come with me
And I will show you something really worth getting excited about


Here we are
Lunch!
Cured meat antipasti with local flat bread
A pasta with mushrooms and sausage in a light cream sauce
A frittata with truffles
A lovely plate of ravioli
One of the most incredible pastas ever
The noodles were baked to a light flaky crispness. There was a meat ragu inside while the sauce was a meat/cream thing.
Not sure how they got the chicken so browned and yet moist inside
And a dessert of a cream like a creme brullee with a top of light crunchy things











2 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

This was a delightful post! You are a good director, but the cuteness of your stars is what really makes the show.

Agent W and the Derf said...

Love all these wonderful pictures!!