Greetings long nosed one (evidently Chinese slang for Westerners is people with long noses). Other touring companies take you around in herded masses to see all the same old sites and places and direct you to the same old shopping places that want to separate you from your money. But only here at Pooh Lee Shah Travel we get you the real taste of China with our China Public Transportation and Mao’s Long March Replica Tour. (Ha, ha, ha…no it is not a real replica of the Long March and we guarantee that more than the 10% that survived the original Long March will make it back to your hotel.)
In our tour you will:
- Find out how ‘real’ Chinese discount airlines run with their wonderful partially operational websites, fictional call centers, Taoist/Zen mystery luggage rules, and quaint travel delay communication mysteries.
- Learn the ins and outs of hailing down taxis in multiple cities
- Master the Metro systems of many cities. Learn to read system maps, station layouts, and figure out how to purchase tickets. Learn how to get out of Metro stations (not easy if you’ve lost the card you used to get in). Master the subtle arts of walking over people who refuse to queue properly or try to cut in front of you as the mass pushes up the escalator.
- Buying Railroad tickets will no longer be a mystery to you after you go through five separate lines to finally get to the one that sells to foreigners.
- In addition experience one of China’s seminal revolutionary experiences. We intersperse our public transportation experiences with incredibly long, painful walks between a couple of attractions with minimal food, water or rest…This is the REAL revolutionary China!