Saturday, December 6, 2008

My Birthday Dinner

Here is the blow by blow of my birthday dinner yesterday.

As reported yesterday, Wife went out and got the good semi-boneless leg of lamb (I love leg of lamb) and some great cheeses (I am a real Francophile from having studied there). I used a very simple Julia Child recipe with a mustard, soy coating.


Below are the ingredients I used for coating the leg of lamb - dijon mustard, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, thyme, rosemary, salt, pepper, and olive oil


The coating and Wife's beautiful leg - I MEAN HER LEG OF LAMB


Leg ready for the oven


Tasty leg coming out of the oven


Awesome cheeses purchased by wife


Finished product with garlic steamed broccoli and 2ooo Bordeaux (mmmmm)



No birthday cake for this boy - birthday cheese (I told Wife we should have put a candle in it)

6 comments:

Erin said...

Happy belated! Looks like a delicious meal. Love the birthday cheese, too. (A candle would have melted it anyway...)

alexis said...

happy birthday! B-day cheese, good call :)

terri said...

Yummy! Birthday cheese, though... That's a new concept!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. The birthday cheese looks yummy.

Xani said...

Happy Birthday! That looks like a fantastic dinner!!

stef said...

Birthday cheese! I love it. Check out those white plates- gorgeous.