Monday, December 29, 2008

The de-I Christmas Pictorial (Virtually All Food Related)


A whirlwind of activity with all of our children and their children plus AinA's English boyfriend from Amsterdam. No where near a representative sample of the festivities but at least a smattering

Ssst, ssst, ssst - Crunch, crunch, crunch
The sounds that International Woman of Mystery AinA is back in the house
(I will let her explain in her blog exactly what is going on in this picture)

Mrs. de-I and The Red Menace (also known as granddaughter J) getting ready to make scads of sugar cookies for decorating.

Mrs. de-I's Cinnamon Buns

Mrs. de-I's rendition of a Motherrocker favorite recipe - 18 hour bread

Christamas Eve Buffet

With the Chicago contingent flying in on Christamas Eve and all the bad weather around the country, we opted for food we could just put out and have people eat as they so desired.

Here is our spread of Spanish cured ham and salamis. On the top of the counter is the homemade pate I made that turned out great.

The Cheese Selection and Smoked Turkey

Christmas Day

Queen of Dough
Motherrocker is drafted to make the pizza dough

MR practicing for the next Olympics competing in the Dough Put

Pizza pre-baking

Pizza post-baking

AinA and Mrs de-I hand painted these balls as name place holders

No pictures of Pulisha and Tim de Buffalo but many thanks for their allowing everyone to come to their house for the four days since we are under construction.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the pictures...looks like everyone had a wonderful time!....Cherish these special times with the family!!!!

Agent W

terri said...

Those cinnamon buns also look caramely and pecan-ish and delicious! And the homemade pizza? What's on the non-traditional half? It all looks awesome!

Beth said...

It took me two days to get around to looking at my computer again. But, when I did, I read and re-read your last comment. I LOVED IT. I also read it aloud to my husband.

Thank you. I think somehow you reached through the screen and "read" all I didn't write (but thought about writing) in that post. My little family spends SO MUCH TIME together and I LOVE it. I know that big changes are coming... **sob, LOL**

Wishing you and yours a very happy New Year! (Stay tuned...I'm going to do something CRAZY this coming weekend. **laughing**)

Michael Podolny said...

Terri - the "non-traditional" toppings are actually mushrooms, onions and spinach.

Ok Beth - you are totally going to have to post what all this craziness you're planning on the blog :)