Tuesday, December 16, 2008

AinA I Sacrifice for You

Last time my dearest youngest daughter flew back from Amsterdam to Albuquerque for Christmas, the Rocky Mountain area got clobbered with snow. In fact she was trapped in the Denver airport for days.

I have chosen to be the sacrificial lamb. I am in Chicago for my weekly trip to my office there and in spite of all predictions to the contrary we've had six inches of snow today with it still snowing as of 10 PM. My partner Ricardo, has been trying to tell me all day - "Isn't beautiful?" And all I can say is I didn't move to the desert southwest because I thought snow is beautiful. Thankfully, I don't fly out until Thursday so hopefully O'Hare will be back to normal by then.

5 comments:

stef said...

Lucky for you they are only predicting freezing rain for tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Now, did you choose to be a sacrificial lamb or did you have sacrificial lambdom thrust upon you?

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Good point SRM. He's trying to take credit for being shat upon by Karma.

terri said...

I am ready to move south as soon as I retire. I'm not sure I'd miss the snow much and I'm tired of it being painfully cold.

alexis said...

well shit, it still didn't work! What do we need to sacrifice, something younger or tastier?