Friday, December 5, 2008

Counting My Blessings

A number of the blogs I read have been talking about issues related to losing jobs either in their own family or with people that are close to them. This is going to be very bad unfortunately and it is really just starting. I'm incredibly thankful to be doing OK and am incredibly motivated as well to make sure it stays that way.

I haven't posted any pictures lately of the renovation! How could I be so thoughtless?

Walls and ceilings are up. Windows are in and they are putting scaffolding up that will be in place until the last stuccoing. They're doing more electrical and plumbing. Unfortunately they won't have broken through until after Christmas.

This is really - big






Today is my birthday. Geez that means I have to change my profile on the blog. Got a bunch of birthday cards from business contacts using Plaxo. Not sure I really like this as it seems a bit artificial. Wife and I tend not to do much on our birthdays. I was late getting back from LA yesterday and early up today and was half way out the door when I rememberd, "Oh ya it's my birthday." Then didn't give it much thought.

Wife when I got back mid-morning is full into work, looks at her computer calendar and sheepishly gets up, gives me a kiss and says happy birthday. Then I said "Oh, I've got to get something out of the freezer for dinner." But she's feeling just a tad guilty so she asks if I want to go out (Friday night - no thank you) or if I want her to pick up a chicken from the grocery store. Puhlease - we're talking the Pewter Chef here - grocery store chicken is for exhausted I don't want to cook nights. So then she upped the ante to Popeye's Fried Chicken. Now I know shes getting serious because it is my favorite fast food chicken. But I said no because you can't pair it up with a good wine and I want to dig into my collection for a bottle worthy of my birthday. So I told her that I really want a leg of lamb and yes I know I will be the one cooking it and by the way I want some good cheese and bread too. So that's what it looks like it's going to be.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I get to be the first person wish you Happy Birthday on your blog...

Happy Birthday!!!!

Anonymous said...

The part about me not remembering it is your birthday is not true. I have all birthdays in my calendar with 1 week early reminder. So I have been thinking about it all week. What I was feeling guilty about was that you left the house this morning before I was up and could tell you Happy Birthday! And how could I deny you the pleasure of roasting a leg of lamb on your birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy B-Day..!!!!

terri said...

Happy belated Birthday!

We tend to treat our birthdays very similarly. It's nice to get a few sincere birthday greetings, but I don't need a big deal made of it.