Thursday, February 21, 2008

Short Stuff fm Chicago

New air travel experience on Tuesday – I was on a plane ready to depart from Hartford to Chicago. As we were being pushed back from the gate, the bar between the tractor and the plane broke damaging the front landing gear and causing the flight to be canceled.

Why I am Obsessed with Being a Frequent Flyer
Why I Obsess on Maintaining a Frequent Flyer Status


I was in an exit row toward the back of the plane and was thus toward the end of the line being rebooked. However from my past experience, I have found that I am usually automatically rebooked. Even though everyone else ahead of me was being put on standby, I was already booked and upgraded to first class to boot.

No It is Not Always Ricardo’s Fault

We went out for drinks and dinner with two of our clients. We started out at an Irish bar (with blaring techno music! which forced us to practically shout to be heard!!) where I had three Jamison’s prior to dinner. I am hereby required to disclose that this was totally my own choice and the often denigrated Ricardo was an innocent bystander. However, one should note that he was there! Accessory to the crime? Subtle subverter? Svengali pulling the strings?

1 comment:

alexis said...

I too want business class travel status. Too bad most of the time I am in the stinking train.