Friday, February 29, 2008

Paradise Revealed

And it's name is Highland Park as in the name of a brand of scotch whiskey. A lawyer friend of mine met for drinks in downtown LA where stayed on Wed night. After a couple of glasses of wine, he asked if I like scotch which I consented I did. So he took me to this bar which I will have to get the name of later. This list of scotches was daunting. I enjoy scotch but am not a student. So he told me that he thought that Highland Park was without doubt the best balanced scotch he had ever tried. I tried an 18 year old and I had to concur. Ambrosia.

Fighter Pilot Girl entitled this picture taken yesterday as:

"Winter Blues - De-I needs to get in the shade to do his calls it was so warm"

5 comments:

stef said...

So how much for some Highland Park? Just curious.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

In case I didn't say it before, "You're a bastard."

Another 1.5" of snow last night.

Bernice said...

I'm with lakeview coffee joe on this and the last post. We have 10 inches of snow.

Michael Podolny said...

Stef - It was $24 for a nice pour at the bar. I checked on line and a bottle of the 18 year at Park Avenue Liquors is $76 while the 12 is $49.

alexis said...

oooo sounds tasty. It's funny, it's sunny here now, but it's not even close to the intensity of it in those photos.