Wednesday, February 13, 2008

OK Already - It's Not That Bad

I was reminded today that I in fact do not have to work as manual laborer in in Brazilian gold mine carrying sacks of wet, mud up hundreds of feet of ladders, nor am I forced to scrabble a living for a family of five from a 1/4 acre plot in Rwanda, nor do I have to work a 12 hour day assembling the same part over and over again for a couple of bucks a day as they do throughout Asia.

No, I get to fly to a a major city, and talk with a very nice, ambitious and sensitive business owner who whats to share his success with those that work with him even though that is not necessarily an easy task to accomplish. And I get to do this while staying at a very nice hotel in downtown Los Angeles, while plotting strategy with my client over a very nice dinner with a couple of drinks and a very nice bottle of Cornas from the Rhone.

Come on. We all need to be more appreciative of what we have than what we think we don't

6 comments:

stef said...

well said papa

Bernice said...

I agree. But I think it has taken me a lifetime to realize how great I have it.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

You can always find someone worse off and you can always find someone better off. Just focus on what makes YOU happy, help out those who are worse off and be happy for those who are better off.

Anonymous said...

Very true!

Unknown said...

Count our blessings!

Agent W

Anonymous said...

Good post...many people tend to forget sometimes how well they really have it, including myself. Luckily, I can read your post every top of the hour during the work day to remind myself how fortunate I am :)