Saturday, February 16, 2008

Back on the Road Again

I’m in the middle of what is going to a very intense period of travel over the next few weeks. Last Wed I headed out to Los Angeles where I was doing a group facilitation for a client. On Friday, I drove 60 miles east to Colton, CA to do a training session for a client. Friday afternoon I flew back to Albuquerque and reloaded. It’s Saturday morning and I’m back at the airport on my way to Connecticut to visit O-I and his new guide dog, Unique. Then it will be on to Chicago for work on Tue and a birthday dinner out with MotherRocker and John the Armenian Thu night. Friday will be on to Albuquerque until Sunday night when I head back for a week in Southern Cal.

Life’s Little Pleasures – Desperately looking for something to eat at 6:30 AM in a nearly empty mall in downtown LA while waiting for a rental car, finding a kiosk open, expecting to get barely passable food and ending up with not a good but a great bagel and cup of coffee – ahhhhhhh.

Don’t Like The After Taste of Zinc Lozenges? I swear by Cold-eze to fight off incipient colds but I hate the metallic after-taste that lingers for hours. I recently found that a nice shot of scotch immediately afterwards completely removes that bad taste.

Openmeadow – you never read that here!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

no problem, I didn't read anything! :) I weather out the colds I get with as few drugs as possible, Sudefed is about the only thing I ever take for one.

Anonymous said...

I bet scotch takes away almost any bad aftertaste...

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

What do I take for the bad scotch aftertaste? Maybe a beer?

Unknown said...

What a schedule! We're thinking of ya! Rest AND Scotch is the key!!!

Agent W

alexis said...

that must be my problem, I'm just having the scotch.