Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Yo from LA

Back in LA for a bit of business development with our new CRM (client relationship manager) guy Michael H. A bit more airline fun getting here. I was supposed to go to Salinas on Sunday and then on to LA, but got a phone call just after I went through security in ABQ telling me the meeting had been canceled. Thank goodness I didn't waste my time and money on flight for nothing. So I had to spend an hour getting myself unchecked into the flight and changing reservations. But I got another day at home.

Then on Monday it was on to LA again. I was taking a flight through Denver leaving at 1:15 in the afternoon because I was told the 5:09 direct flight was sold out. Get to the airport and find the flight is going to be 15 minutes late. Then 25 minutes late. Then an hour late. It's clear I'm missing my connection. I go to the check in counter. They tell me the next flight out of Denver they can get me on will get me into LA at 9 PM but they could get me on the 5:09 direct flight that gets in at 6:41. What! That flight was sold out! Guess not. Not only that but I got my preferred exit row isle seat with no one next to me. Sweet.

For those sad souls like me who want to know more about the judging of the Next Iron Chef, go to Andrew Knowlton's blog on Bon Appetit, the Monday post.

Home Wednesday night then on to Connecticut on Thursday morning for the quarterly visit to o-I

4 comments:

alexis said...

you must have the patience of a saint with all your travel experiences! Hopefully everything goes smoothly on the way back.

I see by the use of "Sweet" that certain biz partners are having an influence on you.

stef said...

Well at least they caught you before you got ON the plane! ;) yeah, I read Knowleton's comments yesterday and felt a bit better knowing they got to taste the food. That's interesting how the voting broke down- I actually thought Besh got it before the reveal. I hope he gets another opportunity to go for it again.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Hey, that's not a shot at me is it Alexis?? :-)

Ya know, I know a guy in LA who works for Bon Appetit. Not sure if you'd ever want a tour or not, but I'm sure it could be arranged when your in LA sometime.

Unknown said...

Your schedule is unbelievable! Wishing you safe travels!

Agent W