Monday, November 12, 2007

The Winner

of the Next Iron Chef contest was Michael Symon. Well deserved if you ask me. You could see it during the judging and poor Chef Besch heard it coming too. All it takes is couple of dishes that don't emphasize the theme ingredient. I was particularly impressed that The Food Network played the coverage rather straight with a lot of seemingly non-edited commentary by the judges.
I must becoming influenced by Lakeview Coffee because since I couldn't see the beginning, I waited until later in the evening to watch the whole thing uninterrupted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am shocked and saddened by this unfortunate development... /cry for chef Besh, who now has only his restraunts to console him...

stef said...

I actually thought the dessert might put Besh over, but I was really happy for Symon. I think he will bring a great new flavor to the show. Did anyone else think it was totally lame that the judges who had been doing the show since the beginning didn't get to taste the final challenge?

Michael Podolny said...

I liked it. The judges had tasted each contestants dishes many times over. I thought it good that the 'team members' who actually compete had a say and I think their comments were very apropos . It also seemed that the contestants were satisfied to be judged by the Iron Chefs.