Thursday, November 1, 2007

The Joy of Sleep

On Tuesday afternoon, we gave the first Chicago presentation of my business succession workshop "Will Your Business Pay for Your Retirement" (c). Since Ricardo and Lakeview have their own "unique" style of business networking this was done at our offices with wine and cheese...during the presentation! All I can say was I was glad the group was relatively sedate and attentive.

Actually we had a great prospect their brought by Ricardo. Afterwards we went to Timo for drinks where I spent an hour and half with the prospect doing heavy duty selling...with drinks. This was followed by dinner (with drinks) and more heavy duty networking with a resource. By the time we got back to Ricardo's I was wired. I went to sleep but was up three hours later and could not fall back to sleep. Naturally it took a while to get going on yesterday morning.

In spite of that I had good energy through the day. Fortunately, we had no business during the evening. We ate light (thank you Jodie) at Ricardo's and I was in bed by 9:30. I was out for the whole night.

It was great.

(this post is brought to you from an incredibly small (two tables) and packed Starbucks located at Wells and Adams in downtown Chicago - yeah wi-fi)

2 comments:

Pulisha said...

I think all business meetings should offer wine and cheese. We have this pesky little regulation about no alchohol during duty hours that really hampers my ability to act interested some times!

alexis said...

thank goodness I work in the exciting world of financial data, where I never lose interest or need alcohol to get me through the day.