Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving Pictoral Extravaganza - Part 2

So we headed down the final denouement of the Thanksgiving repast. All the side elements had been prepared. I happy to say that among the side dishes not a single green vegetable was to be found. I had actually bought a package of frozen peas (in memory of my family's traditional menu) but forgot to make them...twice...I forgot again the next night. Nobody cared.

Side Dishes sans Greens

The turkey as mentioned previously was a great experiment. After the brining it was cooked at a very high heat (450 degrees) and you were supposed to put it breast side down to begin with and then flip over half way through. The problem was it cooked in about 2/3rds the time I had estimated so the top didn't get quite as brown as I would have liked.

"You'll love the tanning bed he says -- tanning bed my ass!"

Then it was on to consumption of mass quantities. One of the great things about Thanksgiving is you start eating in mid-afternoon which allows one to keep pacing and consuming the day through.

One Hour In
"98 bottles of wine on the wall, 98 bottles of wine..."

Several Hours Later
"35 bottles of wine on the wall, 35 bottles of wine..."

So we went to the end of our meal finishing up with a very nice armagnac later in the evening -- except of course those who had duties in the Imperial Court

"Sure.
Come down to the Court Gaius Derf.
All is forgiven Gaius Derf.
Raggin' fraggin' Emperor @$*#!."

4 comments:

Bernice said...

Looks like you would have enough wine if I had been invited. But, I must have green.

Michael Podolny said...

I don't know Bernice, I think it would have been close.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

I think you should make an entire entry from the point of view of the turkey. That would be awesome.

Pulisha said...

Yum! Everything looks so good!!