Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Note from Atlanta

I'm writing a quick note prior to my meetings starting today in Atlanta. We're in the midsts of another successful business succession project (this one has been going on for almost 5 years -- and yes they do usually take that kind of time). It was down to 33 degrees this morning and I was not packed for it. I always get caught somewhere during the fall with the temperature plunging and my not having the clothes.

If you didn't see Sunday's Next Iron Chef competition, it was awesome and is rerun on both Thursday night and Saturday night. The finale is this Sunday and its down to Besch and Symon in Kitchen Stadium. If you are male, you might want to see the rerun just to see the most sensual dress I've ever seen worn by a judge in a chef's competition.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I firmly believe that this whole TNIC thing is just FoodNetworks way of testing out John Besh in front of the audience to see if he has the composure and chops to draw an audience...he has plainly been different in mannerism and dress from the other chefs since day one...Gogogogo Cajun Boy!!!

Michael Podolny said...

That may be true by I think that Symon has personality...and I love his competitive nature. I've even gotten use to his insane laugh that use to drive me nuts.

stef said...

I would be happy with either one. Interesting comments I saw on the Amateur Gourmet's blog. Does the new one replace one of the old ICs? Or become a 5th?

Michael Podolny said...

I agree Stef on liking either one. My guess is that Morimoto is going to step down. He has been doing the IC thing for a long time and his tastes don't seem to resonate with the American judges.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Have I mentioned that you foodies are all freaks? Thought maybe I had forgotten. :-)

Michael Podolny said...

Oh right Mister I went to three French restaurants in a month, I post 'how I cook' pictures on my blog, and detail every meal I eat with Miss M.

Anonymous said...

Go Bills!

Michael Podolny said...

Go Bills? What kind of spam is this on my blog1

alexis said...

just to amuse myself I imagine this is some completely different show, since having never seen I have no way of knowing what it really is. A sci-fi star trek gulley ship show perhaps..