Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Things to Look Forward to

A client of mine did me a big favor a few weeks ago by getting a number of his business owner friends to attend a workshop I held. I told him as a reward I would treat him to one of the better bottles of wine I have in my cellar.

We decided to do this over a lunch. We went to a small French place here that will let you bring a bottle for a corkage fee. It was a 1999 Nuits Saint Georges, a very nice Burgundy. I bought a case of this. We had the wine with Boeuf Bourguignon, the classic beef stew from Burgundy.

I am very happy to report that at 8 years old this wine is still very fruity with a lot of aging potential left. I'm also happy to report that I have around 8 more bottles. So for those that come down to visit de-I on occasion for big events, you might want to put this one on your tasting notes.

By the way, yes it was only the two of us and yes we finished off the whole bottle. I really think this is the only way to do business.

3 comments:

alexis said...

aww, I knew you had it in you!

stef said...

I often wish i had a big bottle of wine at work. To split with another person...of course....

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

I would never mix work with drinking....never....