Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Quick Post from Chicago

I'm in Chicago for my monthly business trip. It is rare that there is a chance for the majority of my far flung clan and the majority of my blogger community get together physically at one time. Tonight, Lakeview Coffee, Alexis in Amsterdam, Motherrocker with husband John the Armenian, father-in-law Al the Armenian and with his wife S all met for dinner at what has become one of our favorite places, Scylla.

Sometimes it is difficult when you bring people from different of your circles together. But I new that Lakeview would love A and S and everyone else knows each other. What a great night. I had had an unpleasant business call just before the meal so I downed a sizable Johnny Walker Black at the bar with Lakeview before everyone got there and succeeded in mellowing out. There was so much good food with seven of us but I think everyone agreed the risotto and shrimp fideos (small pasta) were on the top of the list. I love Scylla because you can be expansive (we had a Mersault for our wine) and still feel like you've gotten a bargin. Even A and S who come from the San Francisco Bay area were impressed with price/quality value.

Getting together with great people, great food and drink is just about the best gift that has been offered to humanity and is always to be cherished...at least as far as I'm concerned.

2 comments:

stef said...

Thanks so much for the wonderful night Dad. We all had an amazing time.

Can i just add that I don't know how you and Joe both managed to blog about it when you got home? I went to bed!

Anonymous said...

It's dedication Stef!! And no little kids to wear us down.....and the need to sober up!

That shrimp was indeed awesome! Only took me four visits to finally order it!