Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Has My Middle East Plane Reservations Arrived Yet?

I'm on the second leg of a three city tour of the East Coast two of which are work and one is pleasure. I started in Columbia, SC where I was visiting a client that I hadn't seen for over a year and half. They are a family that had some serious issues between them that had become completely log jammed. I decided to go there strictly out of professional pride - can't stand not achieving a clients goals. Since I had nothing to lose, I figured I would be as blunt as possible. The worse that would happen was they would throw me out and I would have tried my best. As it turns out, we managed to get a major breakthrough and it looks like we may actually get a resolution. And they paid me the last part of my fee from a year and half ago! As Lakeview would say, "sweet."

Then it is on to Atlanta (where I sit as of this moment) where I was doing much the same between three owners of a business that I have worked with for years but who have had these personality issues between them that have never been resolved. I'm happy to say there has been a clearing of the air which, along with a reevaluation of their business, has left everyone with a feeling that there is a positive outcome for everyone. Chalk another negotiating success up to de-I

On Thursday I head out to CT to spend a couple of days with the Dad - the original, never to be duplicated Intimidator and wonder dog Uzef. I'm looking to a relaxing few days helping him out and enjoying a scotch or two.

4 comments:

alexis said...

try to gage how he's feeling about the invasion coming in a few weeks.

stef said...

Give the Grumps a hug from me. I owe him an email!

Congrats on all the hard work paying off.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a successful trip. Good, job de-I!

Pulisha said...

Congrats on the success in the South! Doesn't it feel great to wrap up a loose end?! I was going to say to give Grandpa a hug and kiss from us, but he would probably be really disturbed by that ;) Tell him we'll drink a scotch in his honor!