Thursday, April 23, 2009

Party Aftermath

Guests Leaving Addictive Substances

I guess it shouldn't be a surprise. Whenever you have a lot of people over there is the danger that someone is going to be using something addictive. Unfortunately for us, son-in-law Armenian Deal Hound insisted while we were shopping at Costco (value provider to the upper middle class) that we pick up some 'Pirates Booty'. This turns out to be a kicked up, healthier (healthier than shooting one's self?) version of Cheetoes. And Wife and I looooovvvvveeee Cheetoes.

Not Good
Sports Graffiti

After everyone goes we find all over our white board various sports related trash comments.

(for you non-internationals, hup Holland hup, is for the Dutch soccer team and Allez les Bleus is for the French)

10 comments:

terri said...

Pirates' Booty? Yar!

I love Cheetos too. I'm going to have to check this booty out!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Pirate's Booty is addicting. I avoid it like nobody's business. Go Hawks!!!

WeaselMomma said...

I will be sure to keep The Booty away from Pooh Bear.

Anonymous said...

They sell Pirate's booty at the vegetarian co-op cafeteria at school, and it is EXCELLENT. I don't even like cheetos that much, but it's good.

stef said...

It is hard to resist the booty. It is actually a lot lower in calories than the cheetos. the trick is portion control!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

A bag is a portion isn't it Stef? :-)

tim said...

I love booty.

It's awesome that someone wrote Go Bills on your board, that guy must rock!! ;)

Mike said...

You wrote another blog about another food I've never heard of. ...I'm shocked.

Guess I'm gonna have to go check out Costco. The closest one is about 45 minutes away, though. I may have to just stick with Cheetos.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Costcos is pretty far away from us. I'm guessing that Mike googled the closest one. He's an obsessive "googler".

I used to eat Cheetos all the time when I was younger. I hadn't eaten any for a long time, and then earlier in the week I walked down to the "corner store" (the convenience store at the end of the block from my hotel) and impulsively bought a small bag of Cheetos. They were spectacular.

Christopher Gabriel said...

Pirates Booty. The first time I heard about Pirates Booty was from my 19-year-old niece. Visiting her and her family on a late September Saturday last year, she said the following: "I needs me some Pirates Booty."

Well-educated, from a nice, wholesome Minneapolis suburb...she "needs me some Pirates Booty U.C."

Yours truly, Uncle Christopher, now, apparently, known as "U.C.," thought she meant she needed to go down to First Avenue (great music club here that spawned Prince, among others) and do a little young stud spearfishing.

Being the inquisitive uncle that I am, I inquired.

She said to me, "....What-ev. I don't mean that booty...yo."

Most days I feel completely in touch with what's going on in America - pop culture, trends, music, etc. But there are days I just feel like, oh I don't know, coming to a blog like yours and saying...

"Yo, De-I, what up wit you?"