Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I See My Future and It is in Construction

At least this weekend it will be. Wife has stated in no uncertain terms that the new pre-fab garden shed will be erected this Sunday. I am shanghaiing Gaius Derf to help. Primarily because I have the mechanical ability of an advanced sponge...an uncoordinated sponge at that.

Derf has taken a vow to avoid all home related projects now that he is back in NM from Salt Lake City. He used to be the kind of guy who would repaint his house at the drop of hat if he though the paint was fading from the sun (One room three times in two years!). But no more.

He was totally going to kiss me off on this project but as fate would have it his wife Agent W was standing next to him when I called. Agent W is Wife's biggest supporter. Bless her she piped in immediately that Derf would be happy to help.

We did this with the prior shed around 8 years ago. We nearly froze our asses off and we managed to put the walls on upside down to boot. Having set the standard so low, we are certain to score better this time around.

8 comments:

terri said...

Mrs. De-I is not going to give you a break after moving into the new rooms, having a party, etc? Good luck with the shed building. My husband's a handy guy. He could help you get that thing up in a jiffy and he'd probably install cable t.v. and a phone line while he's at it. He needs a vacation. Say the word and I'll send him your way.

WeaselMomma said...

Have a great weekend. Can Mrs. de-I perhaps document the whole process via video and live streaming?

stef said...

Too funny weaselM! At the very least, it should be documented in pics.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

I want to see action shots of the construction! Plus they will come in handy for the insurance claims.

Pulisha said...

Good luck, Dad. I expect we'll hear from you in a few weeks after the obligatory post-construction bed rest ;)

Battle Ground Boyds said...

Please get the pics...having my father (G.D) there to help 'should' keep the insurance co. out of it! :)

Bernice said...

Hey, isn't that what friends are for? Of course you are in trouble because you will be in debt to him and who know how he will cash in. I can say that having met him at the party.

Mike said...

Hahaha... I can't even put together a bookcase without getting parts backward. I can only imagine having to errect one of those sheds.

By the way... how do I get one of those snazzy nicknames that you seem to have for everyone? LOL. You crack me up.