Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Squirrel Wars - Episode Two, The Empire Strikes Back

If not the Empire, how about the petty barony strikes back?

Anyway, I am including the following email I received from Mrs. de-I today.

"Today was another day watching the squirrels run around the yard and in front of the house as if they owned it. The peanut butter sandwich I had had used to bait the catch and release trap was gone from where it had been placed at the back of the trap. They had to cross the trip plate twice and didn’t trip it. So I am sitting and eating my lunch at the kitchen counter when I hear this scrabbling noise like someone is trying to get into the house. I check the garage thinking the old refrigerator is finally dying. Nothing! I check outside to see if it’s something at the neighbors. No sounds outside! I check in the laundry room. Then I realize that some animal is in the dryer hose. That was it! I called the service that we use for bug control and they are going to come out today and put out poison under the deck and behind the dryer. Meanwhile, Michael, if you get a phone call in the middle of the night it will be me freaking out about the mouse or squirrel that has trapped me in the bedroom!"

1 comment:

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Wow, those buggers are audacious. I don't advocate T-Rex on squirrels, but maybe they have it coming.