Tuesday, February 1, 2022

The Laugh Of Vengence

I spoke way too soon about MUPGT having simply gone through the motions of interrupting my travel. For, in the event, getting home incurred yet a number of new major delays, and rebooking. Instead of going to New York, I was routed through Amsterdam. My next flight was going to be five-hours late causing me to miss my connection. I changed flights again now going through Atlanta. Actually, I have been pretty proud of myself, that my knowledge of how to communicate with and work the airline reservations systems during times of crisis had come back to me easily.

Finally, at the end of Monday, almost the start of Tuesday, I got home a full 54 hours from when I should have started my return trip. Unfortunately, all the changes I made caused my bags to do their own layover in Amsterdam. It is a day after I have arrived and the bags are still making their way to me. 

But the important thing is I did get back safe and sound.

2 comments:

alexis said...

wait, your luggage came through Amsterdam and they didn't even bring us any salsa?

Dad said...

They were pissed at being left behind. And they were coming from Ghana. All you would have gotten is FuFu