Sunday, January 30, 2022

Aged Rockers - A de-I/Magical Unicorn Pony God of Travel Revival

 If you are older than 25, you have had the experience of that group you loved years ago doing some sort of reunion concert or tour. If you are an old, old rocker, you have the agony of watching these fellow overweight, sagging geezers, who used to be the hot stars, trying to revive their past (in many cases because they've mismanaged their money). 

I have long suspected that the supernatural powers that control the demi-deities of frustrating human existence actually make individual avatars of the master dem-deity for each human. Hence the Magical Unicorn Pony God of Travel that was first identified by daughter #3 about 15-years ago, is in fact not the same entity that has been the Magical Unicorn Pony God of Travel with whom I have faced off. 

I have previously noted that it seems like the fire of our battles are a mere shadow of what they were in their prime. Hence, when I saw that the weather was going to be terrible in the Northeast US where I needed to fly on Saturday night, I was not surprised when I got messages from Delta airlines that my flight had been canceled.

There are not a whole lot of ways to get from Accra, Ghana back to the US on any one given airline. Plus I had issues like my Covid test expiring before I could leave, where I would stay, etc., etc. All the kind of things that my worthy foe MUPGT would be gloating over. In the even, it really didn't take all that long to rebook a flight and I was able to get another test, and stay in the same apartment for a day. It all had this feel, as I mentioned above, of MUPGT and I just going through the motions for old times sake. 

But to be honest. I am just as glad to not have all the drama. Hopefully will be home by Monday night.

2 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

You have ceased to be a worthy opponent for MUPGT and they must move on to new battles...

alexis said...

maybe the MUPGT is, like many people, having to work remotely from home and just isn't feeling it, this many years into the pandemic