Tuesday, February 15, 2022

BANZAI! The Full On Travel Offensive Begins!

 I want you to build in your mind the image of a terrifying invasion force. Populated by an old couple. That's it. Just one terrifying invasion force consisting of one old couple. That's Wife and I and our determination to TRAVEL DAMN IT! Pandemic be damned. We're vaccinated and boosted. We are not interested in eking out more years of bored, deteriorating life. We are going to reclaim our heritage as elder travelers. This year I have already been to Ghana once. Here is what is on tap the rest of the year.

  • We leave tomorrow for a quick see the #3's trip to Amsterdam. We leave on a Wednesday and return the following Wednesday.
  • Two weeks later, I head back to Ghana for two and half weeks. 
  • A ten day rest and in early April Wife and I are quickly visiting friends and family in the SF Bay area.
  • Nine days to recover before the two of us head out to Portugal for five weeks of the travel we love best.
  • A week to recover before I go to Houston, TX for the Rotary International Convention for four days the beginning of June.
  • Another week to recover, and we take two of our grandchildren (1.1 and 1.2) to New York City for four days of cosmic, big city experience.
  • Then, would you believe it, I am home for three weeks before I head back to Ghana!
  • This is followed by staying in Albuquerque for the entire month of August (where did I screw up?).
  • But as soon as September hits, we leave and return to our beloved apartment in Cefalú , Sicily where we are going to stay for two whole months, our first experiment to see if we can be content actually living in another place without running around like maniacs.
  • In November, I will be back in Ghana while in December we will do another quick trip to the SF Bay area.
  • I have my eyes on going somewhere in SE Asia or Sri Lanka the first quarter of 2023.

 I am so pumped. I have no idea what others my age are thinking or how they are planning their lives going forward. And truthfully, I really don't care. I know what gives me fulfillment and I am going to grab as much as I can of it for as long as I can. To paraphrase James Dean...

Live Fast, Die Not As Old As You Might!

2 comments:

alexis said...

you are making up for lost time I sense

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Reading this after your last post,I see that trip number one is disappointingly off the table. But these are grand plans for the rest of the year!