Friday, February 22, 2019

Ghana Rotary Project - Starting To Prepare For Reentry

All our travel trips follow the same emotional cycle. You do your planning and get all excited both positively and negatively about the upcoming trip. You arrive at your destination and there is the immediate disorientation. You are in a different environment. Whatever your expectations, the reality is different. But within a day or so there is acclimation and accommodation. Now the place becomes more comfortable and you realize you have quite some time to fill and do whatever it is you are doing. Then suddenly you realize that the time is almost over, that the great adventure is coming to a close. You are glad to be getting back home to normalcy but sad that the adventure is ending.

So it is here in Accra. I will be returning at the end of the day on Monday (I mean really end of the day, like 11:45 PM!) to fly home. The pace of meetings continues. I have four today. On Saturday I have one and will take the rest of the day off to go see some of the area outside of Accra. Sunday I am devoting to writing up reports that are necessary to get to my contacts here for purposes of defining next steps and gaining a local team to represent and manage the project locally. I have more meetings on Monday itself. There is one big potential situation that could provide funding for the project and may or may not require more time to try and complete between now and when I leave.

I hope on Sunday to finally upload my pictures!

3 comments:

Bernice said...

It sounds like all the effort will be worth it. Will it now be ongoing from the US?

de-I said...

Yes, it will be Bernice. This is just the first step in what is hoped will be a long-term economic development/job creation effort.

alexis said...

my goodness I guess you'll sleep well on the plane!