Thursday, February 14, 2019

Ghana Rotary Project - Day Three

Look at Day Two - Repeat.

Despite my fears that I would be sitting in my hotel room twiddling my thumbs, instead I a have been out doing 12-13 hour days. I am NOT complaining. I am excited that there is so much activity (i.e. people to see) and the general positive response I am getting. So far it has been a lot of long rides, waiting at meetings (Rotary) for hours to give my five minutes of spiel, followed by a slew of cards received and people who will meet with me.

I have a couple more Rotary Club meetings to go to but I will finish them off by Monday next week because literally I will have no time to schedule more meetings after that. Honestly, I have been working so hard it is difficult to even be aware of how different the country/city are. I am blessed with having found a wonderful driver, Frimpong, my first day here. He gets me everywhere, is always exceedingly prompt and goes out of the way to talk to all the people we are meeting to get directions - no small deal in this city that is an amazing warren of buildings built in crazy locations found by back streets.

Like yesterday, I am beat. I didn't get to the hotel until 9:30 and picked some fast food (Papaye - Chicken with rice...good!). Ghanian food has a lot of spice but is not incendiary. And it looks like $5 of good will last me three meals. Like Southeast Asia, when you order rice you get enough for meals my our standards.

1 comment:

alexis said...

what a wonderful turn of events!! I am glad to hear it is going so well and that Rotary has been such a great platform to explore your initiative. :)