Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Ghana Rotary Project - Day Two - Working On All Cylanders

I have not even been in Accra for 48 hours and things seem to have gone into overdrive.

I went to my first Rotary Club meeting the day I arrived and my second one at Noon today. Plus, I had two contacts from clients. This has resulted in 7 confirmed meetings with 6 more interested to be scheduled. I've gone from nothing to now juggling appointments. Somehow I have managed to get a meeting with a rather sizeable family business that is undertaking generational succession.

There is an odd juxtaposition of things that are really very close to the way we do business with things that operate very differently. I can see moving in some directions that are more like what I first thought I might be doing but moved away from conceptually. But there are other situations that are more in line with my original thoughts

Add onto that Ghana/Accra is way, way different. I am taking a day off on Saturday and just going to be driven around to take pictures so hopefully you will get the idea. For those who have been in places like Vietnam, Cambodia, Indonesia, it is much more like that...yet still different.

Gotta run. Need to sleep

3 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

I'm so pleased that you've made so many connections!

alexis said...

all of our SA friends reiterate that there is really no where like Africa. I am glad you're getting to experience it!

Agent W said...

Glad things are going well!
Such a great adventure!