Saturday, June 30, 2012

Dining at Frenchie Joes

It is amazing that little ole de-I has this totally amazing power to subvert an otherwise strong willed, independent person like Lakeview Coffee Joe to completely undo his preferred lifestyle.  Not only to I force him into gluttony but I have him getting up early to make breakfast for his lovely spouse and me by doing nothing but existing!  How cool is that. 

And, I have Mister allegedly France and all things French hating LCJ to make us a classic French Dish for breakfast - Buckwheat Crepes.  Buckwheat Crepes are a specialty of the Brittany area of France.  And I must say they were delicious indeed.  I also have to take my hat off to Mr. Joe as his cooking skills are getting better and better.  He had two pans going so his spouse and I wouldn't have to wait.  I was so impressed with this that I decided to do a typical de-I photo shoot - only of the final prep.

Layer your crepe with Nutella - a chocolate/hazelnut spread - very French

Joe told us later we were supposed to chose between the three fruits but LL (Joe's Wife) and I just but them all on.

Fold and devour!

Yum!

6 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Yum! Those look delicious.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

I don't know what came over me....I may have had a stroke....

de-I said...

A stroke of French genius I'd say :)

alexis said...

Frenchie Joes - HAH! I love it.

terri said...

You are a bad(?) influence, clearly.

Everything is delicious with Nutella on it.

Jules said...

That does look yummy!