Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Count Counts...APP-arently

Let it never be said that de-I is a complete Luddite.  No I usually charge into technology usually only 20 or so years after it becomes really popular.  Reader and commentator, The Count, contacted me after seeing the recent post on my decidedly low-tech solution to my computer overheating problem.

He informed me there was an APP that would control my cooling fans.  Of course this then required my figuring out how to find and download the APP.  Evidently there is a button right on my MAC  toolbar for this but I never have had occasion to use it.

Once I downloaded the APP, I then had to use it.  Double clicking didn't seem to do anything.  No window popping up or anything. 

Then on the very top of my screen I saw these tiny numbers.  It's a bit blurry but it is the temperature of my computer and the rpm of the fan


I clicked on these and up popped


The control panel!  I've been playing around with the rpms and have come up with a setting that seems to do a very good job.  The over heating has been pretty much allayed.

Now on to our contest of the day.  Guess what this is a picture of an you get to drink one of my wines with me OR get to send some coworker or relative you hate on a de-I's Sandia Outfitters trip.


8 comments:

terri said...

Who knew? An APP! (Well, apparently the Count did.)

The picture ... I think it's the upholstery on your desk chair. Even if I don't win, I have a relative I'd love to send along on one of those hikes!

Stef said...

Aren't you glad you started a blog?

Stef said...

Aren't you glad you started a blog?

alexis said...

wow, I think this is technology adoption only 2-5 years after it's introduction! You're practically an innovator!

I have no idea what the picture is though.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Awesome! Who knew? The pic is definitely inside....you were taking a pic of the computer screen before, so it's probably your desk top or computer screen that went to quiet mode just before you snapped the pick. Or your thumb. I'll go with the former!

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

A broken TV? A new tweed vest?

I have no idea.

Jules said...

Looks like something is blocking the camera lens!

The Count said...

1 2 3

No need for strange New Zealand cooling blocks!