Friday, June 15, 2012

IT - Rain - Large Vegetable

I think I've mentioned in the past that while de-I is an accomplished cook and loser of people in the mountains, IT is not among my strengths.  But every once in a while, I do amaze myself with figuring out a way to solve various IT related problems.

Current Problem - My Mac Book Pro is over 3 and half years old and starting to have 'issues'.  I want to buy a new one but they're coming out with a new version and I want to wait until that is available.  In the meantime, it overheats causing all kinds of issues with the touch pad.  And something is acting up just under the top plate because if I put my hands on it when it is over heated, it moves the cursor around all over the place.  My first solution was to make sure I always shut the cover every time I'm not working with it.  But I forget and there are times when I'm working for long period.

Solution - de-I's handy computer cooling system.  1)  Get a pair of imported New Zealand Chilly Bricks out of your freezer

See that is what they really called

Place computer on Chilly Bricks


Voila, hours of nice cool computer activity.  (Please note complicated spreadsheet on screen proving that on occasion I do work)

Rain

Last week we actually had rain.  During this time of year when we have gigantic forest fires, this is news worthy

Note that I took this picture outside on the porch so those are real rain drops in the foreground, not rain on a pain of glass.

Big Vegetable

One of a number of kohlrabi from the garden.
Tasted good too

4 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Very clever cooling system!

terri said...

I'm sure trained IT personnel would never think to use such a simple yet effective cooling system. Nice work!

Glad to hear you got some rain! Those are some impressive drops!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Wait, was there a veggie picture missing?

That's some big ass rain! You're nuts with that frozen computer. Go get a new one!!! Good Lord.

Jules said...

I love the computer fix! very creative!