Sunday, June 17, 2012

BBQ & Burgundy

What could be more traditional for Father's Day than this:


A wonderful selection of barbequed ribs, brisket, pulled pork, smoked potato and cole slaw with an equally wonderful Burgundy from the great 2005 vintage.  You might say that drinking good wine with BBQ is wrong...but you'd be wrong.  The BBQ was Texas style meaning no sweet sauces on it while cooking, just a pretty basic rub and long slow & low cooking with wood smoke.  And red Burgundy is made from Pinot Noir which is a grape/wine which tends to the fruity side so that even with the not too sweet barbecue sauce, the match was wonderful

And it was all bought.  No cooking for de-I today :)

On a serious note -

I am so grateful that I have the wonderful relationship I do with my kids.  It was not foreordained.  In fact it was more likely to go in the direction I have with my Dad which is tortuous to say the least.  No because both kids and Wife were willing to be patient and accepting until I could get my act together, I have a relationship with my children that I truly cherish and don't ever take for granted.

And to answer the comment from Joe on the 'Rock Lazy Boy' -

I just happened upon by happenstance.  Many years ago, I went on this trail decided that I had gone long enough and decided to sit down and rest.  The rock looked as good as any place.  I sat down and found with a little experimenting that it just exactly fit my body.  I've looked forward to going there ever since.

5 comments:

alexis said...

omg, we chatted all Sunday and I didn't wish you happy father's day!!!!

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Happy Father's Day!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Interesting that you just stumbled upon a rock lazy boy. Good stuff. Wine goes with everything! I probably would have had the wine afterwards though. Normally I just have some kind of water based drink with ribs (i.e. non alcoholic).

Jules said...

I love bbq!!! sounds delicious!!!

Pulisha said...

Love you, Daddy!! I'll save all my Father's Day gifts for Singapore Glutton Spree 2013!!!!!!!