Friday, May 15, 2009

Spring Miscellaneous Updates

Lots of the normal stuff and not so normal stuff related to spring that I write about each year are rolling out.

First, the not so normal. THE SHED IS DONE!

Wife as a KDD present got the 'Guys' to come in and finish the thing off as well as do a bunch of other small projects. Gaius Derf thought maybe it was really shed fairies but if these are fairies then I don't want to see what the trolls look like.

As a result our backyard is finally cleaned up, the shed stuff off the deck and back into the shed. Wife has been very busy getting the garden in order. I will give a more full write up of this year's plantings at a later date.

The hummingbird is back. Back in the nest. So we're in for another round of bird vs. homeowner use of the patio. But Wife wisely moved the chimes the nest is built on so it is not directly over our table.

Finally we went out to for dinner to Jennifer James 101 for KDD (or TGHSD as Wife likes to call it - Thank Goodnes Husband Survived Day). Getting a decent upperscale meal in Albuquerque has been a challenge for all the years we've lived here. This has become our go to place since it opened a year ago. Sometimes fantastic but always dependable with a small but very good selection of wines. The stars of the meal was a veal chop I had and a bottle of Argentine Malbec/Cabernet Sauvignon.

10 comments:

Bernice said...

It was a bit of an ordeal, but it proved that Mrs. de-I is a good problem solver.

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! The shed looks great! I need Mrs. de-I to give Mike a pep talk so that our aquarium will get cleaned. Little does he know that I am buying a bucket for him today, since that seemed to be the reason that he couldn't do it last night..
=)

Perhaps you could give me some suggestions on good wine as well. Mike is not a fan, but I am, although I don't know much about it. The only thing I have found out in the few years I have purchased wine is that I'm not a big fan of sweet wines.

Unknown said...

The shed looks great!!! And the backyard is beautiful!! We're glad you and Mrs de-I took some well deserved time out to enjoy a meal at your favorite restaurant! The wine sounds wonderful!!!

G. Derf & Agent W

terri said...

The shed looks great and I'm looking forward to hummingbird pictures.

de-I said...

Jules - if Wife's work ethic ever gets into Mike he'll be building multiple tank creations through out your house.

On the wine question, I'd suggest you go to a good wine bar that offers flights of various types of wines - whites, reds, wines of the same grape made in different countries, flights that go from lighter to stronger, etc. Often these are in smaller serving sizes. That way you can find out what you like and what you don't.

Anonymous said...

Oh sure, wait until Tim and Lisa leave, then we will go out to jeniffer James!! Booooo ;)

Tim

Anonymous said...

Shed looks great! Hummingbird is back (looking forward to pictures). AND a happy KDD!! Not too shabby.

LCJ

Mike said...

Wow! The back yard looks awesome! We live in an apartment for the time being, but I REALLY miss having a yard to work in. Glad the fairies were able to get the job done for you; that shed doesn't look like something I would want to take on!

stef said...

Maybe next time you can remind wife that it is best to use the fairies from the very beginning!.... ;)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.