Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Invoking the Curse of the Kidney

When I donated my kidney last year, I got this bag of goodies when I left the hospital. The prize pieces were this cool kidney shaped pillow for my poor bloated and bruised stomach and this very high quality, water bottle - definitely top of the line.

The pillow is my evening companion (along with Wife) but I'm not really a water bottle user so Wife took it as her own and it became a real favorite of hers which is only fair because of all the support she provided and anxiety she went through.

Yesterday, she was doing her daily trip to Home Depot and in the course of her shopping the prized bottle fell out of her cart. She didn't notice it but a man did. The kind person pointed out another woman who was hustling out of the store with Wife's bottle. The man was distraught because, as he told Wife, the woman saw it fall from Wife's cart and consciously took it. He wanted Wife to go after her but Wife is not the confrontational type.

Well Ms whoever you are, I am invoking the curse of the kidney on you. Everything you put in that bottle will taste bad. It will spill over you. You will never get joy from that bottle. Heed my words Ms bottle snatcher.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a terrible thing to do...take a water bottle from someone after you see it drop from their bag right before your eyes. I'll repeat the curses a few times in hopes it will make them stronger.

alexis said...

that's absolutely crass. What a cheap b*tch. there's absolutely no excuse for that behavior

WeaselMomma said...

What a witch!

stef said...

Agreed with the above. But if Moms really loved that water bottle- she should have fought for it.

Who wants somebody's used water bottle? yick.

Mom said...

I never saw the woman. The kind man kept telling me that she was in the blue car at the end of the next row of cars. So my delema was; do I leave my car open, my purse in the trunk and all of my purchases in the cart to chase after a water bottle?

terri said...

Are you serious? What is wrong with people? That's terrible.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Good Lord!! What has this world come to?? Society is filled with assholes. Unbelievable. It's just a water bottle!! I have 5 of them in my pantry that I never even HOPE to use. Geesh.

Pulisha said...

That's awful! I think you made the right decision though, Mom. It probably was best not to leave everything to run off after some phantom woman since the bottle was as good as gone. I will be sure to pray to the magical pony god to pee in her new bottle. I'm sure he will comply since he seems to have sort of a sick sense of humor.

Mike said...

What the hell? Who would want someone else's USED water bottle?? That's messed up!