Friday, May 22, 2009

A Contemplation

Quiet

I crave quiet - quiet in my mind, quiet in my life, quiet in my soul

Around me - noise

Talk, talk, talk, talk
Gibbering, inanities, on the TV, on the Radio, in print, all around.
All the noise - people saying me, me, me, me
They say I don't know anything but listen to me because I talk, talk, talk

The less I talk, the more I'm heard.
The quieter I am, the more I understand.
The less I push to achieve, the more achievement that comes

It's not about me
It's not about me
It's not about me

Quiet

9 comments:

terri said...

Love this. I know exactly how you feel.

WeaselMomma said...

Does that mean I shouldn't try and sell you a sham-wow right now? Maybe later?

Mike said...

You're quite the poet, sir.

de-I said...

Darn you to heck WeaselMomma - how could you know my kryptonite, my Achilles heal...the sham-wow :(

Anonymous said...

well said, sir!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Are you smoking that wacky-tobacky again??

stef said...

I don't really understand this post. There's nothing about me in it.

Christopher Gabriel said...

For the record, my radio program has 23% inanities...

Give or take 3%.

"The quieter I am, the more I understand." - can you please explain this concept to my five-year-old daughter...I'll pay you. Nicely.

Pulisha said...

It is hard to find zen with a house full of small tyrants..er, I mean children ;) Beautiful sentiment nonetheless!