Thursday, May 21, 2009

Chicago in 10 minutes

It has been a long time since I posted a travel disaster post. I'm in Denver on my way back from my monthly trip to Chicago and my flight scheduled to leave at 9:30 PM will not be departing (at last update) until 12:15 AM. My refuge in the United Airlines Red Carpet Club closes in 10 minutes. I was going to do a nice post on what I did in Chicago but I'm afraid I will have to do it in about the 10 minutes I have left before they kick us out.

Work - Saw clients, collected some money (hip,hip hurray), did marketing, found prospects, giving proposal to potential client.

Eating - Had lovely meal (mostly the company and ambiance, not so much the food) with daughter Motherrocker, son in law Armenian Deal Hound, and Ricardo at Province (details on daughter's blog). Nice tapas at Webster Wine Bar before our movie.

Fun - Star Trek movie AWESOME (Squeeee)

Younger Fun - More Wii with Y the granddaughter

Pant, pant gotta go getting kicked out.

9 comments:

alexis said...

did mom still pick you up from the airport?

terri said...

Speed blogging! Interesting concept! Glad you enjoyed dinner even if you didn't enjoy the food. And playing Wii with your grandaughter is time well spent.

WeaselMomma said...

So glad that enjoyed the movie and had fantastic company to share it with.

stef said...

Booo! That is so lame that the red carpet club closes so early. Hope you got some sleep!

Anonymous said...

I hope you're recovering at home now. I often choose those late evening flights to avoid staying an extra night. It really is unpleasant when they are delayed.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Aw, that sucks. Damn airlines. Then the club closes on you too. WTF?? Bastards. A productive trip!

de-I said...

Alexis - no, since I knew I was scheduled late to begin with, I had my car at the airport.

Terri - The food wasn't bad just not spectacular.

Mike said...

Way to work under pressure! I'm impressed! Sounds like you had a great trip.

Everyone keeps telling me I need to see that movie. I wasn't a fan of the TV show... but I guess the movie is different.

Pulisha said...

Wait, you played Wii with Y? That's it, the Horde children are preparing for a Wii Cheer marathon with grandpa this summer!