Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Call the Marines

After the fiasco of the shed project this weekend, I was girding my loins for week's worth of evening battle to get the site prepped in time for Shed Battle II

Just for reference, here is the picture from where I ended in collapse on Sunday.

Wife evidently did some thinking. I'm not quite sure her internal arguments were in the line of "he's never going to get this right" or whether after seeing my prostrate body Sunday she thought, "Damn, if he kills himself I might have to go back to work". In any case she called the Marines...literally. She got these two retired Marines off of Craigs List that do handy jobs.

They knocked out the whole job in four hours. As you can see below.
She liked them so much she's having them back tomorrow to do two more projects. Happy Wife. Happy de-I.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting....I'll have to keep that in mind for when I have house/yard work to do in the future....seek out the Marines!!

Mike said...

Damn... I need to hire ME some Marines.

terri said...

"Girding my loins?"

LOL... call me juvenile, but that statement makes me laugh. You said "loins."

Mrs De-I is a very smart woman, indeed.

WeaselMomma said...

Semper-Fi

stef said...

Hooray for Craig's list! Where else can you find under-age hookers AND marines? Wait. I don't want to know.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea. So glad the ordeal is over. Wait - you have to put up the shed yet, don't you?

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Don't forget Blackhawk tickets Stef! Hookers, Marines and Blackhawk tickets! I love Craigslist.

Good for you getting the area leveled and such. Progress ho!!

Christopher Gabriel said...

Careful Michael...and I think you know where I'm going here...

First, it's Marines doing a handy job or two.

Then, Wife likes them so much, they're coming back for two more projects.

The following week, Wife has them joining you and her for dinner.

Three weeks later, Wife has them doing a few more projects, and dinner.......while sending you out for supplies, groceries and assorted knick-knack shopping.

Two months later...the entire retired battalion is over just hangin' out.

Seen it with my Russian neighbors, Edward and Sylvia. It started so innocently - Edward couldn't handle putting in a new deck so Sylvia calls a couple of retired KGB living in the area.

Two weeks later, they're back for a few more odd jobs around the house. And just for good measure, the retired KGB bring a bucket of KFC. Sylvia, who loves KFC, is very happy.

Two weeks after that, there's five retired KGB over at the house doing yard-work and, curiously, speaking into the ends of several garden hoses.

Now, two months later, the old Soviet Union flag is flying at their house and "Vladimir Putin Sings Tony Bennett" is blasting on a CD player.

Just be careful; that's all I'm saying.