Sunday, February 22, 2009

Questions Answered

Why am I not picking up 'coffee' to bring back to Nonna in Tennessee?

Because in spite of Weasel Momma's evil ideas, I do not want to end up in the slammer - besides N would have to come to New Mexico to pick it up because I don't do deliveries.

Why is daughter A actually in Amsterdam?

Alexis, following much of her family (grandparents, father, sisters) was exposed to travel at a young age and ended up studying in France in high school and Spain in college. She loved those experiences. She set her sights on getting a job that would allow her to live in Europe and ended up working for a Chicago based company with offices abroad. She ultimately scored a job in Amsterdam. She has lived there for 3 years now.


The apartment is on the third floor and you would not believe how steep these are. This is pretty typical in Amsterdam because the buildings are very narrow. As Wife said, "I don't think these would pass code in the US."


Daughter Sitting Forlornly on Steps Outside Own Apartment

"I didn't think they actually take me up on the offer to let them move in?"


Will you post pictures of buildings in Amsterdam?

Buildings in Amsterdam

7 comments:

terri said...

Unauthorized pictures! You rebel, you! Is Mrs. De-I aware that you've posted a photo of her derriere?

Seriously though, I really appreciated the tour of the apartment. How different things are from here in the U.S.

Anonymous said...

AinA's apartment is very light-filled. Thanks for posting them. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Mike said...

Wow... thanks for the tour. Considering I'll probably never go anywhere near there, it's cool to see how things are on the other side of the world. I dunno if my short legs could make it up those stairs, though. :-/

Anonymous said...

how many hours do you think it would take me to drive to your house from tennessee?

her apartment looks so cute! it looks like a converted attic or A-frame. i love all the angles.

only one shot of amsterdam buildings? you're slackin'

:)
word verif= momen...amen to that! bring on the men!

Michael Podolny said...

Terri - Actually butt shot was also unauthorized but better than the first one I took.

Mike - Never say never. You're young. Just need to spread your wings.

Nonna - Please refer to earlier posts with pictures of canals with..."Buildings" all around :)

Bernice said...

I, too, can now picture how AinA lives. Thanks for the pictures of her apartment. You had better give her apartment back, or when we come visit we will take over your beautiful house.

Anonymous said...

i knew i was gonna get busted on the building comment. i did like those earlier pics :)