Friday, February 27, 2009

The Barcelona Apartment

We had this neat apartment in Barcelona. I am a great believer in renting apartments rather than staying in hotels. There is greater security for leaving your valuables. You can make your own breakfast and dinners if you want saving lots of money and eating less in the process since the meals tend to be large at restaurants. And you get a lot more room to spread out in. Most of the time they cost no more than a reasonable hotel and frequently are less.

Our hotel was located smack dab in one of the most popular parts of town with very easy access to various things we wanted to do. But because it was just a block away from the main drag, La Ramblas, it was much quieter. Another great virtue was it was just a half a block from Barcelona's huge and famous food market, La Boquetiera. Although it was in an old building, the apartment itself had been renovated recently.

A tour of the apartment

Walking into the apartment looking toward the living room and kitchen. There are two bedrooms on the left as you go up the hall

Looking into the main bedroom. See that heavy looking bag? It is heavy. And I carry it most of the time we are sightseeing. Why? Because it has Wife's camera stuff and it's my job. I carry the tripod too.

Inside the bedroom they had a floor to ceiling built in wardrobe

To the right at the end of the hall and through the door, the kitchen/dining area


To the left is the living room area

And looking out from the couch, you look right into the market.

3 comments:

terri said...

When I finally get to do some real travelling, I'm coming to you for advice.

The apartment looks nice and comfy too!

(Is your wife's camera bag actually the backpack style? Mine is, and makes it easier to carry.)

WeaselMomma said...

You make me wish I were there.

Mike said...

Maybe I'm just young and naive, but I didn't know that you could rent apartments short-term like that... especially at the same price as a hotel. That's awesome!

Hopefully Mrs. De-I gave you a backrub to make up for the camera hauling duties she delegated to you.