Saturday, February 14, 2009

If You Are Leaving...

...On a trip, you know things are going to go bonkers. Work is really busy. I completed a job keeping three business owners together who had the most antagonism towards each other I have ever seen. Yay me! And I'm working on this (for me) over the top deal helping a guy who is trying to buy a $350 million a year public retailer that is tanking. Not my usual gig by a long shot - but it's fun and I'm being paid by the hour so no risk. Yay!

Wife is going crazy trying to make all the last minute decisions on the house because on Wed we're off to Amsterdam to visit daughter, AinA. We're also going to take a quick trip to Barcelona since she has to work during the week. Mrs. de-I is fretting that we haven't done a bit of planning for the Amsterdam part of the trip. I told her to not worry. This is visiting the kid, not a real vacation. The kid just happens to live a third of the way around the world.

Latest home remodel pictures:

The whole new entrance way has been dry walled and textured. Painting is soon on the way

View from the Living Room toward the front door

View from the Front Door looking up and the "Grand" foyer

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooohhhh i love the looking up shot! great foyer! have fun in amsterdam and don't be gettin' stoned on all that leagal weed :)

remember phelps, somebody might be watching and snappin your pic!

WeaselMomma said...

Have a great time, but don't do anything I wouldn't do! That leaves your option fairly open.

terri said...

Amsterdam? Barcelona? That's it. I'm joining your family. Make room for me!

Seriously, have fun. Be safe.

stef said...

Wow! What a difference drywall makes. I can't believe it's almost done!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Good to see the progress!

Visiting "the kid" isn't a vacation. I'm sure THAT makes Alexis feel good. Nicely done de-I.

Bernice said...

Have a great trip. Tell daughter hi from DH and me.

Anonymous said...

Why can't MY mom and dad ever come see me? I only live an hour and a half away. No passport required.

Also, the remodel job is looking great! Not much longer now, I suppose. It'll be a great feeling when it's done. Having your home torn up always sucks... but the end results are usually worth it.

Michael Podolny said...

Nonna - funny story, last time we visited daughter in Amsterdam our apartment was right next door to one of those "coffee" shops. I ultimately (even though being a child of the 60's and 70's) chickened out.

Terri - Adoption papers are in the mail - but you have to be a daughter - Wife doesn't brook any polygamy.

Lakeview - Going a third of the way around the world just to hang and have time with your kid is a compliment.

Unknown said...

Wow! What progress!! Lookin' good!

Have a wonderful time with AinA and in Barcelona. I know you'll come back with some wonderful recipes!!!

Enjoy!!!!